Saturday, November 11, 2023

Same Old, Same Old

Like most days I went for a walk in the desert this morning. I don't know why, guess I am hoping someday I will see a burning bush or a stone tablet with some new marching orders on it, but so far no bueno, nada, nothing. I do get to see some cool cracks and crannies though. Today I headed up closer to TV hill, the big pile of rocks to the SW of our spot here. A dozen years ago when we first came here I saw some Desert Big Horns up on that little mountain, so I am always hopeful to repeat that experience. I remember from that first encounter that the first indication I had that those critters were up there with me was hearing the rocks moving around as they moved around. They are pretty well camoflauged to keep well hidden on those rocky hillsides so I spend a little time just listening to the sounds of silence when I get close to the mountain.
It is quiet up there in the early mornings, so quiet you can hear the grass growing and let me tell you it grows quietly here in the desert.
Although we are not having those dramatic skies that are so common at Dogpound North, there is always a splash of colour on the horizon for sun-up here at Dogpound Anywhere in the desert.
After my walk today, and a little book reading we decided it was time to head into Parker and try out a new Mexican restaurant, Lily's Mexican Cafe, that I had heard about. It was a cafeteria style place and our food all came in styrfoam boxes, probably because it seemed most of their business was takeout, but nevertheless it was good and hit the spot. We of course also popped up to the Safeway to gather a few things we might need back at home. I would show you a picture of the restaurant, but Brenda took that one and if you want to see it you might have to slide over to her Twitter page, not sure how you find that but you can try searching "fringe minority, with unacceptable views", inside joke for our Canadian readers, but that will certainly get you in the right neighbourhood to find her account. Here we just have pictures of the desert.
That was a hidden little arbour in the wash I came upon on the way home. We pretty much live in a postcard out here, the shot below is a commission piece Brenda requested after seeing it out the window over our headboard.

3 comments:

  1. Some great pics. I’m sure if you ask nicely Brenda would let you use her photos, probably for a fee. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Same Old, Same Old" resulted in some very pretty pictures. I really like the little arbour you found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup thats what we are!!! Difference is I will still be here when he is gone!! Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete