Monday, November 6, 2023

You gotta Love the Desert

Off on my morning hike today, years ago when we were first to this place I spent a lot of time hiking around the desert, put on a couple of hundred miles back then with my old dog Meg wandering the trails here, and then some years later I had our Can-Am here and drove most of those trails again. One thing about hiking is you can really kind of wander, while with the side by side you are staying on the old existing trails. I kind of prefer the freestyle hiking method, truth be known.
Once I got back from my walkabout we decided to run into town(s) for supplies. Brenda uses some CBD cream that they have at the local pot store to deal with some of the nerve issues with her CRPS and we needed to resupply that stuff so ran into Quartzsite for that, and to drop our trash at the local transfer station, as well as fill a propane bottle at the Pit Stop there in town.
Then it was back on the Highway for a run up to Parker. The "Q" doesn't have much in the way of grocery stores so we do most of our reprovisioning in Parker. We decided to not shop on an empty stomach so stop at a local pizza place we have visited before to fill our stomachs. Then it was off to Walmart for supplies, followed by a dash back down the highway to our spot near Bouse. It was 34C today in the neighbourhood so HOT, HOT, HOT again.

2 comments:

  1. Its been hot there lately I hear. It looks like it is going to moderate later this week. We are heading for Q on Wednesday and will be finding a place close to town for doing the solar work I have to do. Maybe we can get together for a happy hour sometime. Would love to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete