Friday, October 27, 2023

Lazy D Ranch Visit

Yesterday we pulled into our friends Dave and Linda's Lazy D Ranch west of Seligman, Arizona and set up our rig DPA (Dogpound Anywhere) for a few days here to give us time to tell some tall tales and catch up on all the goings on with our Arizona friends. We spent the afternoon jawing away in the sunshine and then settled into a wonderful dinner that Linda had concocted for us. Today was a lazy day, I spent the morning wandering around the place seeing what had changed since our last visit here back in 2016? Later in the day we ran into Seligman for Ice Cream but enroute that changed to Hamburgers and fries with white gravey, followed by the biggest chunk of carrot cake you ever saw. It fed the four of us just fine, but remember we came to town for Ice Cream and as a firm believer in the value of Ice Cream Therapy I wasn't going to let that get overlooked so we headed down Route 66 a little farther and found the local Ice Cream Parlour for a little after dessert, dessert. All that good food meant we were going to delay the dinner Brenda had been working on this morning till tomorrow as I think I am not out of line saying that we all had eaten enough to last until tomorrow. The rest of the afternoon was again spent chillin' and visiting, while Dave worked and I did what I have always done best, watched him work, welding, feeding the mules and the mini's and soon enough it was full dark and time to slip off to DPA to put something together for my journal. Now this looks like one big run on sentence but I have yet to discover how to actually make paragraphs in Blogger without inserting pictures into the mix, so I guess I will have to get busy and take some images.

5 comments:

  1. I just hit the return key to move the cursor down.

    It sounds like you folks had a grand day! Enjoy the rest!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the draft there are paragraphs but when I hit publish they disappear into the ozone.

      Delete
    2. Wow, mine works well paragraph wise, not always centered, but I sometimes have to figure a way to move the cursor down after a caption on a picture. The page seems to get stuck and it takes a couple of tries to get the slide bar to show up on the right so I can move the page. I guess we all have different little gremlins.

      Deb

      Delete
    3. Oh, I haven't even tried captioning pictures yet in this new attempt at using Blogger.

      Delete
  2. Carrot cake topped with ice cream. A great way to sweeten up the day!

    ReplyDelete