Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Same Old, same old

Still hanging out here along the American Girl, still taking a stroll in the morning to get my heart pumping. Gives me time to listen to some political podcasts and contemplate the state of the world as I wander about the desert. I was looking back at my old blog entries back in early 2011 and I was doing sometimes 5 or 6 miles a day, maybe sometimes 7, today I am lucky to cover 5.5 kms so I guess old age is a metric measurement. Oh well, it is what it is I guess, still feels good.
I took this shot yesterday on my way back from my walk and then spent the rest of the day just watching the world go by, and stopping it with my camera a time or two to capture the things that pleased me. The picture below was taken from the comfort of my recliner just behind the rig.
And here is a look at our site from somewhere down in the Wash
We do have more critters visiting us here than just the hummers, this little fellow spends his days much like I do, just soaking in the sun.
I was just recollecting the old days in blogging when I was a lot less likely to stick a bunch of photos into the entry. We had about 5 GB of data to last us a month, now with Starlink the sky is the limit from here at Dogpound Anywhere. So I get to subject you all to an endless series of sunsets, sunrises, hummingbirds and neighbourhood views. This pair of hummers are pretty frequent visitors here at DPA so they are starring in a lot of our pictures.
And just so you know I am not the only picturin' person here at DPA the shot below is one I stole from Brenda of the sunset last night.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to read you are back in the area. Hoping we are able to get together soon.
    P.S. There were a few hummers here complaining that one of their food sources had gone missing so I am sure they are glad you came back...😉

    ReplyDelete