Friday, April 16, 2010

Well, “that’s all folks”!!

Yep, I’m done working, well almost anyway. Still have an overnight trip back up to Groundbirch for a Community Open House on the 28th. But that will be just a cameo appearance and a chance to say goodbye to the folks I have dealt with up there over the last eight months or so. It kept me in the cold weather through the winter, but it was an interesting time and what more can you ask than to live in interesting times.

But that is behind me now, actually 300 miles behind me, as I left this morning and headed south. Tonight I am at Brenda’s place in Rocky Mountain House and we are going to load a few boxes in the truck and Jeep tomorrow morning, stop and see our granddaughter, Ella, and then head for the farm and our motor home.

The next few days will be taken up with getting things ready to roll, north to Red Deer. We are heading up there later in the week to spend a few days at the Mane Event.

Maybe, just maybe, things will get exciting enough to write about now that the work thing is almost all behind us.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement, and now you can get started on the next phase of your lives. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations....I know there are probably some mixed emotions here, but, I also know there are some exciting times ahead.

    We are looking forward to getting to see you guys this fall.

    Take care of each other and we will be looking forward to all the exciting blogs.

    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete