Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rambling On

It was laundry day today so we hauled all the dirty stuff down the street and exchanged it for clean stuff. At least from my viewpoint that’s how it looks, you put the stuff in, twirl it around, and it comes out clean. Probably a little more involved if you are more involved, but my function is as driver and packer as other jobs to do with laundering appear to be beyond my capability.

We are just enjoying the beautiful campground we are in and the abundance of birds that are flitting about. Off in the distance is the constant pop of small arms fire, either Afghanistan is just over the hill, or there is a gun range down the road. It goes on from dawn to dusk on the weekends but usually doesn’t start until mid-afternoon on weekdays. Also there is an Archery range just across the road but that is a much quieter sport so other than the dozens of trucks parked there it has little impact on our peace and quiet.

On days like today it is difficult to conjure up something exciting to write about and I am not going to bore you all our comings and goings just the exciting ones, like laundry, come on who doesn’t like clean clothes!

I have read a lot of blogs over the past few months and it appears that amongst RV’ing bloggers talking about where they ate and how it fit their usually tight budgets is second only to how much they paid for their last tank of fuel. Hey thinking of that has anyone noticed how when the price of oil tanked, the stock market did too, Maybe if we drive the price of oil back up our investments will follow suit. Well, it was just a thought and my bet is it will work as well as the plans Obama, Harper and their lot are implementing.

I don’t spend as much time talking about eating out as others for a couple of reasons, first Heather teases me when I do, and secondly a more important reason. I am traveling with what has to be one of the best cooks on the continent and we’ve been to 4 provinces as well as 2 territories in Canada, 26 states in the US and a couple or three states in Mexico. We have eaten in local favourites all along the way and even in some famous “cooking” folks establishments such as Paul Deen’s, and Uncle Bubba’s in Savannah, Georgia, but they all come up short when I compare them to the cooking I get back at the motorhome. I guess it is selfish, but eating Brenda’s culinary delights is my favourite food. Her repertoire covers all the popular food types from Mexican Quesadilla’s to her own downtown Dogpound “Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.” We only pop out for a meal when we happen to be doing something that stops us from getting back to the RV or on those rare occasions when I can talk her into taking a break and letting someone else do the work. Even the best cooks need to take a break now and then and those that love them just have to suffer through those breaks.

6 comments:

  1. I have to agree. Even though I love to cook, it's nice to have somebody else cook for ME every now and then.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat most of our meals at home too! But I have to say, DH does his fair share of the cooking and he is an excellent cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading todays blog Papa has to concur that he always walks away from Benda's table happy and she offers lots of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Papa has to concur. He always walks away from Brendas's table happy and is impressed by her variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you been to Tennessee yet? The norteast part is really nice. Come see us while you're out and about. Nice weather will be here come late April. I've been right here almost 68 years. Arizona ah, always wanted to see the southwest ie. painted desert, petrified forest. Your pictures make me yearn the more. Have much fun, Folks.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you been to Tennessee yet? The northeast part is really nice. Come see us while you're out and about. Nice weather will be here come late April. I've been right here almost 68 years. Arizona ah, always wanted to see the southwest ie. painted desert, petrified forest. Your pictures make me yearn the more. Have much fun, Folks.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete