Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall is Here

Yesterday we were blessed with great weather, today not so much. We woke up to a thick fog and Meg and I were walking in pea soup this morning, well really, I was walking, Meg was running, she probably covers 2 to 3 times the distance I go. The temperature had dropped significantly and it was barely about freezing as we took off for our 2.5 mile daily stroll.

IMG_5879

Judy from Travels with Emma asked why a cowboy would be out fixing fence with running shoes on rather than a pair of boots, and the Lord knows I have enough boots around. There is an old story about a city girl asking a cowboy “why are you wearing running shoes if you are a cowboy” to which the old cowboy replied “I wear the sneakers just so folks don’t confuse me with a truck drivers”. Makes a good story but mine is less exciting, I had just got home from my morning walk and got right to work so I guess I got lazy in my hurry to get that fence fixed.

Brenda was off early this morning for her last dental appointment before we leave and next week we both have a last minute check-in with our physicians.

This afternoon we are off to meet Clayton and Ella halfway to Rocky for a baby transfer. Ella is coming to stay with us and keep Grandma busy for the next couple of days.

Just looking for something to get into!!!   lol

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little girl Ella is!

    I guess just about all my life I have secretly wanted a pair of cowgirl boots. Now I'm not so secretive about it, and one of these days I'll get me some. Will I be mistaken for a trucker, ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like that little tike is going to keep you busy!

    I've always wanted a pair of boots and a hat to go with them, too. They were kind of out of place when I was growing up in Chicago, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those curls are just toooo precious! Don't ya wanna just eat her up? What a cuddle bug!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
     http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those curls are just toooo precious! Don't ya wanna just eat her up? What a cuddle bug!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
     http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If ya leave a day or two early, maybe you could take her with you?
    Her mom wouldn't notice would she?
    Well, perhaps that isn't such a good idea, but she is sure cute enough to consider it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ella sure is a cutie - love the blond curls! I was looking at the cup in Ella's hand and thinking that, after spilling my coffee over my desk yesterday, I should go out and get one of those for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a little darling Ella is...precious...like Karen I could just scoop her up and eat her up.....enjoy your time with her...

    ReplyDelete