Monday, March 15, 2021

 Brenda has commented that she is tired of that bird giving her the eagle eye everytime she comes on to read a blog or two so I thought I would do something about it.


Now St. Paddy may be just a little early but I don't think my ol' Irish grandmother will be to upset.

I haven't been inspired to write much here, as nothing much has changed on a day to day basis. It seems from all reports that the USA is going gangbusters getting folks vaccinated under this new administration, with the aid of folks in the past who have poured some cash into helping the pharmaceutical folks with pushing a new vaccine. The new mRNA vaccines, initially developed in response to the SARS virus, back in 2004, seem to have opened a world of possibilities when it comes to rapid vaccine development. So for those who think it took a year to develop, it is kind of like the band that is an overnight success, everyone forgets that they have been working the clubs and country fairs for 10-15 years before they made it into the big lights.

I spent a lot of time reading and reviewing things about these vaccines so have no issue with taking them. Afterall I have had great experience with both the polio and smallpox vaccines so will do my part to help the globe achieve herd immunity. I understand there are folks who for valid medical reasons can not take the jab, so it is up to those of us who can to give them the protection they need.

Enough of that though, over the last 7 months here at Dogpound North we have enjoyed our winter at home. It has actually been a pretty nice one, other than a week or ten days in February where we got to shake the moths out of our winter duds.

We are enjoying spring type weather here at the moment, but no fear, I am not putting the snow blower or my long johns away just yet. Here at DPN we still have another couple of months of good sledding weather to get through before the mud season begins in earnest.

I of course have done a little picturin' around the hood so I will throw a few of those photos up here to fill the space and hopefully will be inspired to be a little more regular with this tome.

Bald Eagle and a Raven 

Ringside seats for the Presidential Election

The smaller half of our Security Team here at DPN

Male Snowy Owl

Not every night is early to bed around here.

Mrs. Snowy

A wild stud in the West Country

Even the eagles are calm back home

Just an interesting play of light

Bull Moose hanging here at DPN

These guys will soon be gone back to their northern summer range



12 comments:

  1. You always have great photos John. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al, sometimes even a blind hog finds an acorn!

      Delete
  2. Great Photos John. Always a pleasure.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al said it for me. That owl is magnificent. Jim and I have now had both jabs. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if that's the smaller of DPN's security team, you can be sure I'd hate to come across badly with the larger one! :c)

    Glad you're not too frozen up there in DPN. Better days ahead to look forward to. Best regards to you and Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a great winter here on the Northern Ranges. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Moths in your winter duds? So that's the secret to staying warm in a Canadian winter! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gotten all my shots, Marti is hesitant to get them because her doctor doesn't recommend getting them because not is known about the long term effects. I'm not too concerned about the effects 50 years from now. :cD

    ReplyDelete